Trane Technologies in The Czech Republic
Trane Technologies is a global climate innovator. Through our strategic brands Trane® (founded 1913) and Thermo King® (founded 1938) and our portfolio of environmentally responsible products and services, we deliver effective and sustainable climate solutions to buildings, houses and transport.
Trane Technologies has more than 36,000 employees in 882 offices worldwide, working in manufacturing plants, service centers and offices. The Trane service organization entered the Czech market in 1995.
Thermo King joined the Czech market in 1992 when it bought the Frigera manufacturing plant in Kolín and the Research Institute of Refrigeration Technology (VÚCHT) in Prague, Smíchov.
Ingersoll Rand acquired Thermo King in 1997. The Research Institute of Refrigeration Technology was moved to Hostivice u Prahy and subsequently the ETC Prague (Engineering and Technology Center) was established in 2007.
Trane and Thermo King merged into Ingersoll Rand in 2008.
Trane Technologies was formed in 2020 by separation from Ingersoll Rand.
Trane Technologies has a production plant in Ovčáry near Kolín city, the Direct sales and service representaion of Trane in Prague, and the Engineering and Technology Center in Hostivice near Prague. It employes more than 450 employees in the Czech republic.
Engineering and Technology Center Prague (ETC Prague)
ETC Prague in Hostivice is one of the most advanced development and test center in Europe to deal with the technical problems of transport refrigeration and air conditioning and testing of the products in the field of refrigeration and air conditioning technology and air compressor systems.
ETC Prague has a lot of unique laboratories which are successfully accredited according to ISO/IEC 17025.
Competences and capabilities
- Reliability analysis of components and finished products
- Noise and vibration analysis
- Material analysis
- Testing of components and products (standalone HVAC + R units or systems installed on the vehicle)
- Vibration tests
- Testing of the environmental climatic effects
- Accelerated lifetime tests
- Technical support for other engineering centers and manufacturing facilities Ingersoll Rand worldwide
- Development of new technologies in the field of refrigeration
- Development and design of oil-free air compressors
- Development of alternative refrigeration and air conditioning technologies
- Application of advanced electric drives in the field of HVAC+R systems
- Development of control algorithms in all areas of autonomous systems
- Development of a telematics and monitoring system
- Application of new testing procedures
Learn more about our services
Services are available also to external customers.
Production plant in Ovčáry is near Kolín city produces cooling and air conditioning units for bus, trains and light rail transportation vehicles under the THERMO KING brand name. The production plant in Ovčáry support other plants within corporation both in EMEIA region and globally as well.
The company focuses on quality, environment, and safety, and is certified in accordance with the following standards: ISO 9001, ISO 14 001, ISO 50001, OHSAS 18001 a ISO/TS 22163. You can download all certificates here.
Direct sales and service representation of Trane in the Czech and Slovak Republics
Transport temperature control systems
280 02 Kolín 4
Cooling machines, heat pumps, air-conditioning, sale, service, rental
Trane CR s.r.o. & Trane CR s.r.o. - organizational unit Slovakia
Praha 8 186 00
We are looking for new colleagues.
See if you can find here.